Following extensive discussions, GAFCO Limited has signed a Collaboration Agreement with the Bank of Agriculture, Nigeria.
The Agreement is focused on the development of an extensive program for the improvement of produce yield, the development of out-grower schemes to the aggregation of produce for export and local food security.
Under the Agreement, the Bank of Agriculture will provide financial support for the joint venture and jointly develop key projects in. The following areas:
- The set up and management of “one-stop-shop” Agri-Centres with Extension Services across Nigeria;
- Export of Livestock and Poultry from Nigeria;
- Importation of equipment to enhance mechanisation of farming projects in the Country;
- Provision of solutions to minimise post-harvest losses; and
- Provision of inputs to farmers in the Country.
GAFCO has taken immediate steps to set up the first of seven planned Agri-Centres, in Ondo State in the coming months.